jueves, 18 de junio de 2020

'Beyond The Ice' is now out in paperback and digital


Hello world! I'm pleased to announce my fourth book (not counting updates or translation) is now out in the Amazon store, and I'm sure it'll be available later in BookDepository. Beyond The Ice: The Case For And Against Die Another Day, deals with the 40th anniversary James Bond movie, which -unlike my favourite 007 flick GoldenEye- is hated by many.

What made me write about the 2002 movie and Pierce Brosnan's farewell of the cinematic Bond series? Simply that I think this movie should deserve a better look. It's not among the best in the series, but it really broke new ground, showing us things we didn't expect to see in a Bond film. Things I fully explore in some 217 pages that I hope you'll enjoy.

I remember Die Another Day quite fondly as it was the first Bond movie I properly 'covered', being quite young to follow the production of The World Is Not Enough  and Tomorrow Never Dies. Like many, I was equally pleased and displeased with the movie back in 2003 when I first watched it on Argentina. Actually, I remember being extremely excited and pleased on my first viewing, but kind of disappointed with the overuse of CGI and futuristic camera effects later. With the passing of the years, I feel Die Another Day is a treasure and a tribute to that kind of action cinema from the earlier 2000s as much as A View To A Kill homages the 1980s or Live And Let Die does with the 1970s. So, even when I don't really like that CGI overuse, I accept it as a testimony of the times. I always say every Bond film has the effect of a time machine: whenever you want to go back to a determined era in popular culture, you have the right movie to bring you back there.  It happens to me with Die Another Day and every time I watch it I remember when Alias and She Spies were everywhere on TV and people were toying with their first cellphones in a way to leave behind the 9/11 attacks that brought fear into society.

Long story short: I decided to look up into the archives and try to rescue the good side of Die Another Day and its forgotten legacy. Surprisingly, most of the Craig films took elements from it. The book also has a brief image gallery and an extensive fact sheet on the characters, locations, and vehicles.

Nothing much more to say. I think the Martin Campbell book should come next. It's almost finished, but I just need to explore some details on his earlier movies. The appropiate people have been contacted, I'm just waiting for their answers. Oh, the Spanish version of Beyond The Ice is set for June 30. I'll let you know!

Stay connected to the book's Facebook and Instagram accounts.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario