sábado, 1 de agosto de 2020

12 lessons on being "almost 30"



August has begun, the bloody virus is still around and... I'll be 30 in around two weeks. I'm a little bit stressed about that to be honest. Same slight stress Ian Fleming had when he thought of becoming a writer and create a fictional after hero named James Bond to calm his nerves after getting married at 45, that's perhaps why I picked the gunbarrel dot iconography for this post, or maybe because the gunbarrel means a new beginning, the beginning of yet another adventure, or... just because it looked cool.

I have to say, however, that August stopped being a happy month for quite a while. It was the month when my dad left this world in 2016 and this year it would have been the 30th birthday of the woman I loved, who passed away in March. And this bloody quarantine isn't helping to make my mood better, so, apologies to all the "positive gurus" out there but don't expect me to be "positive" for a long while. I'll try to make my 30th birthday fairly acceptable, but I won't be cheering up for sure.

Anyway, the reason behind this post is to share a couple of observations, or lessons I've learnt in the past decade. To avoid disclosing personal details, I'll won't expand on this, I'll just post a few things I've observed that may be useful for someone going through the long and winding road between 20 and 30. Feel free to agree or disagree, probably some of them won't adjust to you, but they have certainly been adjusted to my life.

  1. Love is never determined by the formality of a relationship. 

  2. Your employers never really care "how are you doing", even though they'll frecuently ask you that when you are going through tough times. 

  3. The quantity of friends you have is a direct function to the "success" you have in life.

  4. You don't necessarily have to be old to die.

  5. A man is attractive  only when he has a completely successful life and is full of joy.

  6. Everyone will love you and speak a great deal about you when you die, unfortunately, it'll be to late for you to hear the praise.

  7. Never trust the friend of the woman you love. She'll do whatever she can to destroy the trust between the two of you.

  8. At work, health comes and goes. Money is what is important.

  9. Sex is, above everything, a matter of trust in the other person.

  10. "It was better to plough a lonely furrow than to keep bad company". That's a cliché, but also a reality. 

  11. You always know what you want. The difficult part comes when you have to pick between the alternatives offered when you can't get what you want.

  12. The experience and success help you a lot to get something. However, things are always defined by luck, fate... or God.


Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario