miércoles, 24 de agosto de 2022

Happy 25th, GoldenEye 007!

 


Once upon a time, 20 ARS (Argentine pesos) had the same value as 20 USD (US dollars). It was back then when I urged my dad to take them from everywhere he could and rent me the Nintendo 64 with GoldenEye 007. It didn't happen every day, but whenever it happened –generally some Fridays–, it was the beginning of a glorious weekend.

In the blink of an eye, I became an adult. I have the N64, a boxed copy of the game and 20 pesos of spare, because the currency of my country has painfully lost its value way too much in the past three lustrums. Dad is sadly not among us anymore and Monday will see the sixth anniversary of his passing, but among many things... a part of him lives on whenever I turn the console on and I'm as excited as two decades ago.

And so, GoldenEye 007 turns 25. I want to congratulate everyone involved in the game for giving us a beautiful childhood and memories I'd love to relive. Here's a toast to the people who made us feel like James Bond for a little while. Here's to the objectives completed, the silenced PP7s and the Remote Mines. Here's to cheating Oddjobs and the bunker cells. Here's to Natalya's disturbed quiteness in Control. to Boris invincibility and to Dr Doak and his decoder. Here's to the Baron's last laugh! 

Happy anniversary, GoldenEye 007!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario