miércoles, 29 de diciembre de 2021

2022 is coming: and now, what?


After how difficult 2019 and 2020 have been, I guess I should be thankful for a little more stable -yet not necessarily better- 2021. Didn't have the chance to write books outside the updated edition of A View To A Thrill: A Closer Look At The James Bond Trailers as I've been busy with another projects outside Bond. Anyway, I admit I didn't put too much passion on the latter as I had to include "No" Time To Die which, as many people know, has extremely disappointed me to the point of not buying anything related to the film and not watching it or any of the other Daniel Craig movies ever again - or Bond 26, unless it is explicitly indicated that the guy that killed himself in that film wasn't James Bond and an actor looking exactly like Ian Fleming described his hero is playing him.

So, how will I follow after this? Quite simply, I'll stop collecting after the Pierce Brosnan era. I'll keep what I have of Craig, but will sell what I have of "No" Time To Die

As 2022 sees the 25th anniversary of Nintendo 64's GoldenEye 007 game, which was crucial to introduce me to James Bond, I'll go down that road with articles and maybe even a book. There's also the 20th anniversary of Die Another Day and the 25th of Tomorrow Never Dies. Much to my chagrin, I won't deal with the franchise's 60th anniversary unless I strictly talk about Dr No. I want to avoid the chance of talking about The Film That Shall Never Be Named at all costs, because, really, I have no mild or polite words to speak about it. It's not a matter of a "good" or "bad" film. It's insulting. And I'll leave it at that.

Probably many would think after vehemently standing against N,TTD my book sales dropped. Far from that, sales November and December went sky high and people thanked me for being a voice for those who have been disappointed by this film and era.

I also have an idea for a non-Bond project for 2023, maybe late 2022. But you'll hear in due time.

Nothing more to say, other than thanking my friends and those who bought my books. And to everyone that has been there through the difficult things I've been through since 2016.

May 2022 be a wonderful year for all of you - and never forget that the real James Bond never dies!

NS

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario